Free Bike Ride Tours In Lincolnshire
With cycling more popular than ever, now is the time to get out on two wheels in Lincolnshire.
Free guided bike rides are returning to Lincolnshire this spring and residents are being encouraged to dust off their bikes and take to the saddle.
In partnership with Lincolnshire Sport, the Sky Ride Local programme of bike rides provides opportunities for individuals, families and groups to take part in varying lengths of guided rides, as well as meet some new people and have fun while doing some exercise.
Sky Ride Local events are open to everyone and they’re organised and guided by British Cycling trained Ride Leaders, who are on hand to offer encouragement and support throughout. There are rides for all ages, with varying levels from easy-going through to more challenging rides.
British Cycling Ride Leader, Ray Whitehouse, said: “There are so many opportunities to get out on your bike with Sky Ride Local. As well as the family-friendly easy-going and steady rides, the challenging rides can really give you an idea of what it is like to take on the hills and push yourself – just like the pro riders!”
The first rides taking place in Lincolnshire are:
• Sky Ride Local Le Petit Grand Prix | Saturday 10th May | 10am
• Spatrail – Woodhall Spa to Horncastle | Saturday 17th May | 2pm | 20 miles
• Bassingham/Norton Disney Countryside Loop | Sunday 18th May | 9.30am | 9 miles
• Southrey Social – Woodhall Spa | Friday 23rd May | 6pm | 15 miles
• Wheeling round Welton | Sunday 1st June | 10am
• Skellingthorpe – Doddi Loop | Saturday 7th June | 10am
• Harby Loop – North Kesteven Centre | Sunday 8th June | 10am
• Skellingthorpe – Fledborough Viaduct – Trains, Planes and Cycle Lanes | Sunday 8th June | 10am
To register for one of these exciting rides or to find out more about other Sky Rides happening in our area, visit www.goskyride.com/lincoln